Title/position : Assistant director
Company name : RDR Architectes
Website : www.rdr.ch
Born on Brittany’s Atlantic coast in 1981, Antoine Barc developed a strong attachment to the value of the landscape and the link between architecture and the land.
During his studies at EPFL, he showed full commitment to the assistantship programme with Professors I. Lamunière and J-L Scartezzini, and was awarded the prize for the best studio project on urban mobility in 2004. In 2005, he jointly worked on a Master’s project, which looked at the relationship between architecture, infrastructure and maritime landscapes.
Following experiences in Paris and Geneva, he joined RDR Architectes in 2006. After managing a large number of projects and competitions, winning first prize on several occasions, he became assistant director in 2013 and now co-manages a team.
- 2006 - Quartier Nord at EPFL, Ecublens - 1st prize
- 2006 – Modifications to RC1 road, Ecublens/St-Sulpice - 1st prize
- 2007 – Campus Nespresso, Lausanne – 2nd prize
- 2008 – Olympic Museum, Lausanne – 2nd prize
- 2008 – UBS Rhône 8, Geneva – 1st prize
- 2011 – Crédit Suisse Bel-Air, Geneva
- 2012 – Les Planches, Epalinges
- 2012 – SCHL, Cheseaux-sur-Lausanne, 1st prize
- 2013 – HES-SO campus, Sion
- 2014 – Maison des fondateurs Audemars-Piguet, Le Brasus
- 2015 – Bel-Air/Rue du Rhône, Geneva– 1st prize
- 2016 – La Pala, Chavannes, 6th prize
- 2016 – En Cojonnex development, SCHL, Lausanne, 1st prize
- 2016 – Les Jordils, St-Sulpice, 1st prize
- 2018 – Vaudoise Assurances
- Modifications to RC1 road, Ecublens/St-Sulpice - 2006/2012
- Bobstgroup Headquarters, Mex – 2008/2012
- Motorway crossing structures, Chavannes-près-Renens, 2009
- La Mouline underpass, Chavannes-près-Renens – 2009/2012
- Fonds de Prévoyance du CA Indosuez, Lausanne – 2013/2016
- Guidelines for the Youth Olympic Games, Lausanne 2020, 2014
- Guidelines for the Campagne des Cèdres site, Lausanne - 2015
- Preliminary studies for the Beausobre site, Morges - 2015
- Bel-Air / Rue-du Rhône, Geneva – 2016/2018
- EPFL - Les Triaudes student housing, Ecublens – 2011/2017
RDR architectes: bibliography :
- “The SwissTech Convention Center”, Lausanne, Paris: Favre (December 2014).
- “Toward an Integral Practice of Architecture”, Basel, Berlin, Boston: Birkhäuser (January 2014).
- “The Architecture of Richter & Dahl Rocha”, Birkhäuser (2007).
- “A Modern Move, Transforming Nestlé Headquarters in Vevey, Richter and Dahl Rocha architects”, Basel, Berlin, Boston: Birkhäuser (2002).
- “Building on our Foundations”, Vevey: Nestlé (2000).
- “Richter et Dahl Rocha, Contemporary World Architects”, Gloucester: Rockport Ed. (1999).
- “Richter et Dahl Rocha, architectes 1990-1996”, Centro de Estudios de Arquitectura Contemporánea Universidad Torcuato Di Tella (1997).